RELAY Focus: Management Trajectory
- Classroom Entry- Sets the stage and expectations for the class setting and the instructional day. It also provides the opportunity for real-time feedback on the Do Now.
- Classroom Exit- Closes the lesson and prepares the students for the upcoming lesson. It also provides the opportunity for teacher feedback in the form of the Exit Ticket.
- Bulldog Stance- 3 squares away from the wall, quiet, and hands by your side.
RELAY Focus: Rigor Trajectory- "Rigor Builds Culture"
- Check For Understanding (CFU)- Gather evidence on whole group learning: Poll the room to determine how students are answering a certain question. Target the error- focus class discussion on the questions where students most struggle to answer correctly. Plan a variety of formal and informal assessments aligned with instructional results to measure student mastery of learning objectives.
- Nutrition Pep Rally- November 27th
- Faculty Meeting- November 27th
- Progress Reports- November 28th
- Jr. Beta Club Induction Ceremony- November 28th
- November ClassDOJO- November 28th-30th
Student Trivia: What is our school’s motto and what does it mean to you? (First student to submit the correct response to the front office on a sheet a paper with their first and last name as well as homeroom teacher name will receive a prize.)
Mrs. Metayer has taught for 12 years. She became a teacher to be the change that she wanted to see in the world. If there is one thing she could change about our education system it would be to stop relying on standardized testing to measure the whole child. She teaches our kindergarten students.